Pests may infest your house anytime and without any prior notice. When the temperature outside gets unbearable for them, they think that your house is nothing less than a Hilton hotel for them. It is needless to say that rodents and infects prefer their natural habitat. However, they have to risk human interaction to fulfill their basic requirements: shelter and food.
You will come across several homes that are infested with pests of several types. Although you can use multiple pest control remedies that are available in the market, sometimes it is better to hire Termites Gone pest controller to deal with them. They use the right technique, tools, and chemicals to get rid of different types of pests once and for all.
Pests Always Leave Behind Signs
It is important for you to understand that pests may be excellent at hiding in your own house. However, when it comes to being stealthy, they are pathetic at the game. Different types of pests always leave behind signs of their presence. They will either leave behind their droppings or pieced of chewed food particles. Here are some telltale signs of the presence of pests at home.
- Live Pests: Although this point is obvious, it is still important. Whenever you see live pests, it is always important to identify the pests and understand the type of infestation that you may have at home. This will also give you an idea of how to treat the problem. Always remember that pests are masters at hiding. Thus, make sure to check out all the dark spots, damp areas, and under rocks for them.
- Droppings: This is the worst of all the signs that you should look out for when you have pest infestation at home. Most of the time, you can understand the type of pest that has infested your home by simply looking at the droppings. Bed bugs and roaches drop egg casings also.
- Dead Pests or Bugs: Sometimes, you may notice a bunch of dead bugs or insects along your cabinets or windowsill. If all the dead bugs are of the same type, then it is possible that they have started considering your home as their own.
- Strange Sounds or Smells: This part will require Google to help you out. It is needless to say that some pests give off some specific smells or sounds. For example, rat urine smells like ammonia and mice urine smells musty. When it comes to sounds, rodents give off a scurrying, squeaking or scratching sound. Once you narrow them down with proper research, you will certainly understand the right source of all those sounds and stenches.
- Holes and Bite Marks: It is very simple for you to understand and know that rodents normally gnaw on various things incessantly. Thus, if you ever notice gnaw marks on different parts of the house, such as baseboards and wiring, it is quite obvious that you have a serious rodent issue. Thus, you need to take the right step immediately.